Webinar Registration Open!
The Urban Aboriginal Knowledge Network (UAKN) invites you to attend a UAKN Webinar series presentation titled by the UAKN Atlantic Project, Women’s Narratives from the St. John’s Native Friendship Centre: Using Digital Storytelling to Inform Community-based Healing and Violence Prevention Programs.
The project focused on developing an understanding of how violence prevention services affect Indigenous women at the St John’s Native Friendship Centre while honouring and respecting their lived experiences. The project brought together 8 women (Elders and young Indigenous women) to create 5 digital stories. By the end of the digital storytelling workshop, an intricacy of detailed narratives had developed, providing rich embroideries of women’s unique voices. The webinar will discuss the meaning-making process that occurred during the digital storytelling workshop and will discuss themes of strength, resilience, and empowerment of the women involved.
Presenters: Ashley Hong, MSc Student, Memorial University of Newfoundland
Date: Friday March 11, 2016
Time: 1PM EST
To register, please email: [email protected]
Please indicate your name and organization
Email Subject Line: UAKN March 11, 2016 Webinar
Once you register you will receive an email with a Google Hangout participation link and the instructions on how to participate!
1. If you have not used Google Hangout before please allow some prep time to set up a Gmail account before the webinar start time.
2. You will need a Google Plus account to participate in the webinar. If you have a Gmail account, simply sign in to the account when prompted. You may need to confirm your account via SMS message on your cellular phone.
3. If you do not have a Gmail account, when you are signing into the webinar, please select, “Create an account.” You are able to use your current email address in the creation of this account, but it will also give you a Gmail address.
4. Enter the initial information into the required fields and hit “Next”. Follow the prompts provided to create your account.
5. Once your account is created, you can sign into the webinar, which allows you to ask questions during the presentation.
6. We recommend signing into the webinar 15 minutes in advance if you need to create a Gmail account.
Mail Chimp Campaign Link: https://us9.admin.mailchimp.com/campaigns/show?id=1492257